Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information Page
This page provides guidance to colleagues about Covid-19 and the steps that Hanover are taking.
A Covid-19 staff factsheet is also available on the Hub – if your line manager is unavailable, or if you need advice, contact a member of our HR team for support. You can also read the latest ELT Corporate Performance Newsletter.
Contact HRsupportCOVID19@hanover.scot for all HR-related questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Guidance for Keyworkers
- Urgent Travel – Letter for Keyworkers.
- Contractors – Letter for Contractors.
- HCS-11 Infection Control Procedure
Covid-19 Vaccination programme – click on the link to access more guidance and useful resources about the vaccination programme in Scotland.
Covid-19 Testing programme – click on the link to access more guidance and useful resources about the Covid-19 testing programme in Scotland.
New rules for Scotland
On Saturday 11 December the guidance on self-isolation is changing.
In response to the highly tranmissiable Omicron varient the Scottish Government has changed the rules for self-isolation. These rule changes do not affect our care staff who should continue to follow the previous guidance, for more information please speak to your line manager. For otherstaff the changes affects any positive cases in your household. In the event of a member of your household testing positive for Covid you should now self-isolate for 10 days even if your own PCR test comes back negative.
For more information about the new rules and what they mean for you. Click here.
Guidance for staff:
- You can read our latest Inside Hanover
- Download the Test & Protect App
If you experience any of the Covid-19 symptoms (see below) then you should immediately self-isolate for 10 days and book a PCR test. Anyone in your household should also self-isolate for the 10 day period.
If your symptoms worsen during self-isolation or you feel no better after 10 days, call NHS24 (111).
You can return to work after the 10 day isolation period if your health has improved.
Common Covid-19 symptoms:
- high temperature or fever and/or
- new continuous cough
- recent shortness of breath
- loss of taste or smell
A free-phone helpline is available if you do not have symptoms but need general advice: 0800 028 2816
Help guides & information:
- Managers Guide
- Care Trainer Bulletin
- TNTs – New Ideas Card
- Accessing the Hub (external)
- Accessing the Hub (external) – User guide
- Accessing Webmail
Health & Wellbeing for staff:
- Your Mental Health First Aiders
- Health Assured – Guidance for your health and wellbeing
- Health Assured – Active Care Managers Guide
- Scottish Government – Clear Your Head
- Health Assured – Confidential Whistleblowing Helpline