Coronavirus (COVID 19) Information Page
This page provides guidance to all staff about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the steps that Hanover (Scotland) are currently taking to support you. A fact sheet for staff providing guidance on how best to deal with and report absence from work is available on the Hub. Advice should be sought from HR if you are not sure what to do or your manager is unavailable.
HRsupportCOVID19@hanover.scot is the mailbox for all HR-related questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Guidance for staff:
- Download the Test & Protect App
- Remember the new Rule of Six – introduced in September 2020
- Local lockdowns – in some areas of Scotland, local restrictions apply. To find out if your area is affected and what you can and can’t do, click on the link.
- Remember to check the staff advice pages. The information is likely to start changing on a daily basis and we will continue to keep you informed.
- Weekly Staff Bulletin
Advice if you have symptoms:
People with symptoms suggestive of coronavirus – a fever or a new cough – should stay at home and self-isolate for seven days. If symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days you should phone NHS24 (111), NOT your GP.
You can return to work after seven days if your health has improved. Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
- high temperature or fever and/or
- new continuous cough
- recent shortness of breath
- loss of taste or smell
A free helpline has been set up for those who do not have symptoms but need general advice: 0800 028 2816
On the 9 July 2020, the Scottish Government outlined Phase 3 of their plans to ease the lockdown measures, to find out how this will affect you, click here.
Help guides & information:
- Managers Guide
- Covid Q&As
- Care Trainer Bulletin
- TNTs – New Ideas Card
- Accessing the Hub (external)
- Accessing Webmail
- Local information and advice
- Scottish Government latest update
Health & Wellbeing for staff:
- Your Mental Health First Aiders
- Health Assured – Guidance for your health and wellbeing
- Health Assured – Active Care Managers Guide
- Health Advice
- Advice on your mental wellbeing
- Financial advice
- Scottish Government – Clear Your Head
- Distress Brief Intervention (DBI) – Mental Health support
- NHS Grampian – Psychological Resilience Hub
- Health Assured – Confidential Whistleblowing Helpline