Location: 345 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 2SE
Working hours: 34.9 hours per week. This role is full-time and includes early, back and night shifts over a 3 week rota, rotating across 7 days.
Remuneration: £21,085 – £24,979 (includes 10% shift enhancement)
Closing Date:12 noon Thursday, 4 July 2019
Job Description: Telecare Operator
CV’S WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
Are you one of the 10%?
Do you want to do something that matters? Something that makes a difference?
Research has shown that only 10% of people are natural leaders; people who are able to be supportive and responsive – and do the right thing – especially under pressure.
At Hanover, we support and care for some of the most vulnerable individuals in society. Our Telecare service provides 24/7, year-round call-handling and support services throughout Scotland, enabling these people to be safe, yet self-sufficient, in their own homes.
If you want to work for a successful, expanding organisation, within a strong, supportive community, and you like dealing with people – where your vital contribution can help other people lead more independent, fulfilling lives – then we want to talk to you!
As a Telecare Operator you will:
• Make and receive calls from Hanover residents in a professional and caring way, whilst logging important and relevant information onto the Telecare computer system.
• Identify and evaluate the caller’s queries or concerns, through empathic questioning, focused listening and accurate data entry.
• Take responsibility, solve problems, and guide callers towards a solution that meets their needs – whilst remaining calm, polite and friendly.
Here’s what we can offer you:
• 12-weeks paid training
• Continued training to build confidence, knowledge and experience
• Additional external qualifications including SVQs on Mental Health Problems, Dementia Care, Information Advice and Guidance & Customer Service
• Career development
• Holiday entitlement
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Employee Assistance Programme
If you want to be in a job where you’re part of a supportive, collaborative community, and where what you do and say has a real impact – and might even save a life – then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to reply individually. Invitations for interview will normally be issued within 2 weeks of the closing date. If you have not been invited to interview by this date you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
CVs will not be considered. Please quote the reference number above in correspondence.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer