Location:95 McDonald Road, Edinburgh EH7 4NS
Working hours: 34.9 hours per week
Remuneration: £18,663- £22,110 + £1,866 shift allowance
Closing Date: 12 Noon Thursday 21 March 2019
Job Description: Telecare Operators
Are you a compassionate individual looking to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable people?
We are looking for motivated, caring and hardworking team members to be first point of contact for our customers in an emergency situation. To succeed as an emergency call handler, you must possess a genuine desire to help people, be empathetic to our customer’s needs, be highly proactive, adaptable to change and able to work with high levels of autonomy.
Due to increasing demand we are recruiting to 4 positions in our Glasgow and Edinburgh offices.
What Will You Be Doing?
For all positions you will be answering calls from a range of service users, contacts and professionals with various needs. You may deal with someone who is distressed with an emergency medical need; essentially saving their lives. You may provide reassurance to callers on a variety of matters. You may also handle more routine calls like housing repairs, testing of the equipment and updating records. Every day is different.
Your task will be to assess every call you deal with, reassuring the customer and responding accordingly, in a calm and efficient manner, following procedures and keeping notes and records updated as you go.
You will be required to do administration tasks in line with the job role.
What kind of person are you?
• A compassionate and empathetic person who has a confident and polite telephone manner, even under pressure.
• A resilient, yet caring, person.
• A reliable individual with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills who can work with high levels of independence.
• Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to think on your feet.
• Individuals who can demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail with their work.
• Must be PC literate, with high levels of verbal and written English.
• An individual who can handle a fast paced environment, relishes a challenge and able to follow procedures.
This role is full-time and includes early, back and night shifts over a 3 week rota, rotating across 7 days.
If you want a career where you can make a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable customers and have an opportunity to develop your own skills and experience in an organisation that is growing apply now.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to reply individually. Invitations for interview will normally be issued within 2 weeks of the closing date. If you have not been invited to interview by this date you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
CVs will not be considered. Please quote reference number 129 in correspondence.
Interviews: Week beginning 25 March 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer