We provide and manage a range of housing and services, mainly for older people. We currently manage more than 5,000 homes throughout Scotland.
We provide a range of housing and tenure types to meet the different support needs of older people, allowing them to retain their independence within a local community and enjoy as much privacy or company as they wish.
Our purpose, values and commitments
Our purpose is:
- To help older people feel safe and secure at home and to live fulfilling and independent lives
Our values are:
- Putting the customer first;
- Above and beyond;
- Simple solutions for life; and
- Health, happiness and independence.
Our commitments are
- We will provide well designed, well maintained, affordable, warm and modern housing;
- We will find simple and practical solutions that make a real difference to the lives of our customers;
- We will build positive and lasting relationships with our customers and stakeholders;
- We will aim to exceed our customers’ expectations and to provide high quality personalised services that enhance their quality of life;
- We will create and will continually look for new ways of working which will add value and develop our people;
- We will be passionate about housing and support, which are at the heart of an active, healthy and connected community.
Apart from our customers, our staff are our most valued asset. We employ more than 500 people based on our housing developments, at one of our three area offices and in our head office. They undertake a wide variety of roles, from housing support and domestic assistance on housing developments, taking emergency phone calls in our two call centres, property maintenance and all manner of support activites like finance and administrative functions.
History & Governance
We became an independent organisation in 1979. Prior to this, we were part of Hanover Housing Association which was established in Egham, Surrey.
We are non-profit making, controlled by a Committee of Management whose members serve without remuneration. The day-to-day running of the organisation is undertaken by Chief Executive Helen Murdoch and her team of Directors and staff.