Working hours: 35 per week
Remuneration: £23,517 - £27,417
Closing Date: 30th June 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life. Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
The Area Administration Officer Edinburgh provides office based administration for housing management functions within the East of Scotland Area. Duties compliment filed activities of the Housing Officer and other staff, giving a holistic service to customers and other clients. You’ll be working with us 7 hours per day, 5 days per week.
You’ll be the Administrative Officer at our Area office in Edinburgh. At the heart of our team; handling a range of administrative activities to ensure smooth continuation of service by:
- Receiving calls and handling correspondence from customers and applicants.
- Confidently giving advice on rents, service charges, estate management issues, arrears/credits management, housing benefit, and any other relevant matters.
- Ensuring the appropriate Local Authority Housing Benefit/Council Tax departments are informed of tenancy starts/terminations and of any changes to tenancies when they occur.
- Administer and monitor customers’ rent, service charge, heating charge, recharges and contents insurance accounts on a regular basis; including the administration of direct debits and standing orders.
- Liaise with Sheltered Housing Managers/Development Managers and Housing Officers on above issues, referring these to the Operations Manager when required.
- Administer development waiting lists, allocations, nominations, terminations, assignations, mutual exchanges and re-let procedures in conjunction with Area Office staff and staff from other departments.
- Ownership and responsibility for any service related complaints / queries from customers ensuring that the customer experience is positive, professional and within set timescales at all times.
- To maintain manual/computerised records of developments and customers.
- Collate information for quarterly reports for the Board on relets, voids, arrears, credits, etc as requested.
To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Experience in an office based procedural based role or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation (written and spoken).
- Proficient user of MS Word processing.
- Basic computer skills, including experience of using MS Windows, word-processing, and email.
- Demonstrable ability to learn bespoke computer data base systems / database.
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work from home in a professional manner as and when reasonably required.
- Ability to work from the office as and when reasonably required.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Flexi-Hour system is available for this post.
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply before the closing date.
- You will receive confirmation of application submission and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the specific requirements of the role
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
Due to the current climate; video interviews will be conducted in accordance with our requirements to assess the role in which you are applying for.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us