Working hours: 14 hours - Thursday and Friday
Remuneration: £9,839 to £11,446
Closing Date: 12th July 2022 noon
Area Administrative Officer
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role
The Area Administrative Officer, Edinburgh provides office-based administration for housing management functions within the East of Scotland Area. Duties complement activities of the Housing Officer and other staff, giving a holistic service to customers and other clients. As this is a permanent job-share post you’ll be working with us 7 hours per day, 2 days per week, on a Thursday and Friday.
You’ll be the Administrative Officer at our Area office in Edinburgh. At the heart of our team, handling a range of administrative activities to ensure smooth continuation of service by:
- Receiving calls and handling correspondence from customers and applicants.
- Confidently giving advice on rents, service charges, estate management issues, arrears/credits management, housing benefit, and any other relevant matters.
- Ensuring the appropriate Local Authority Housing Benefit/Council Tax departments are informed of tenancy starts/terminations and of any changes to tenancies when they occur.
- Administer and monitor customers’ rent, service charge, heating charge, recharges and contents insurance accounts on a regular basis, including the administration of direct debits and standing orders.
- Liaise with Sheltered Housing Managers/Development Managers and Housing Officers on above issues, referring these to the Operations Manager when required.
- Administer development waiting lists, allocations, nominations, terminations, assignations, mutual exchanges and re-let procedures in conjunction with Area Office staff and staff from other departments.
- Ownership and responsibility for any service-related complaints / queries from customers ensuring that the customer experience is positive, professional and within set timescales at all times.
- To maintain manual/computerised records of developments and customers.
- Collate information for quarterly reports for the Board on relets, voids, arrears, credits, etc as requested.
To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Experience in an office based procedural based role or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation (written and spoken).
- Proficient user of MS Word processing.
- Basic computer skills, including experience of using MS Windows, word-processing, and email.
- Demonstrable ability to learn bespoke computer data base systems / database.
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work from home in a professional manner as and when reasonably required.
- Ability to work from the office as and when reasonably required.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Long service and retirement awards
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us