Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £44,787 - £48,443 per annum
Closing Date: 5th May 2022 noon
Building Services Manager – Edinburgh
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role
We are delighted to be recruiting to the post of Building Services Manager, Edinburgh. This role presents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to shape the key services we provide to our customers, allowing them to live independently and safely at home.
The role is multifaceted from ensuring regulatory compliance to carrying out significant maintenance projects to contributing to the transition from analogue to digital. You will also have a key role in shaping the organisation Hanover wants to be over the next 5 years and beyond.
You will join a relatively new Asset Management team and so we are looking for someone that has a strong collaborative ethic, is a good communicator, has extensive technical skills in this area and most of all, is passionate about service delivery. You will act as a role model, encouraging all employees to deliver a high-quality service, to give of their best and demonstrate the Association’s values.
Your office base will the Edinburgh office, where the majority of your team is also based but we are moving to a hybrid working model and so there will be opportunities for home working.
Main key functions include but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage and support the Customer Safety and Building Services team in line with Hanover’s values and people management practice.
- Ensure excellent customer service through performance monitoring, customer communication and a drive to provide value for money.
- Propose, monitor and manage budgets and expenditure, working with the Strategic Finance Team to ensure that all budget information is accurate, up to date and aligned with strategic objectives.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor all planned and reactive building services-related maintenance projects.
- Manage the Customer Safety and Building service to ensure that Hanover are fully compliant with all legal, mandatory and regulatory requirements.
- Implement, manage and monitor procurement contracts effectively and ensure all contracts and related work are awarded properly in line with Hanover procurement policies.
- Manage the team effectively and consistently, developing team member skills through an effective performance management framework.
This is a great opportunity for you to work in one of the largest housing associations in Scotland and show how great interpersonal and leadership skills can be matched with excellent technical skills. We welcome applications from all background and experience, though we are ideally looking for an individual with previous experience of applying skills noted above. To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- 2 years’ experience in an equivalent position.
- HND level qualification in construction related discipline is essential.
- Full membership of a professional body in construction, facilities management, or maintenance discipline essential.
- Experience of staff management is advantageous.
- Ability to plan and manage all stages of planned and reactive maintenance to achieve high standard of delivered work.
- Previous experience of budget setting, monitoring and management.
- Ability to demonstrate effective project management skills, including competency in planning, reviewing and reporting.
- Competent in project costing, budgetary and expenditure control.
- Proven ability to ensure compliance with planning, building control and technical, mechanical & electrical regulations.
- Good level of interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain technical information to laypersons during consultation.
- This post is subject to Standard Criminal records disclosure via Disclosure Scotland.
- Fully competent user of MS Office, able to use Excel to a high standard.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Car Allowance
- Pension options
- Hybrid Working Model
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
Back to Work with us