Working hours: 35 per week
Remuneration: £38,853 – £43,195
Closing Date: 19th August 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life. Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
You will have excellent people and operational management skills in Health and Social Care, to join our team as Care Operations Manager, for services in Glasgow and surrounding areas. The job ensures that we deliver a high quality, cost effective and efficient services to meets customer needs. The Care Operations Manager will receive a company vehicle or equivalent allowance in line with company policy and will be working with us on a permanent basis 5 days over 7.
The Care Operations Manager will be responsible for delivering our Care Business Unit’s objectives in West Central Scotland. This includes service teams based at 8 sites covering Very Sheltered, Housing with Care Services and Housing Management Services. You will also be responsible for new initiatives and service development in care and support in your area.
- Produce outcomes enabling Hanover to deliver ‘Simple Solutions for Life: helping older people to feel safe and secure at home and to live fulfilling and independent lives.’
- Ensure delivery of person-centred care, appropriate to individual needs and wishes of our residents, in a safe, warm, friendly setting and underpinned by high standards of professional practice.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Formulate, manage effectively and regularly monitor operational budgets income and expenditure.
- Lead team of managers and employees and ensure work is carried out in an effective and consistent manner that meets targets and is consistent with Hanover’s values and competencies.
- Develop professional and collaborative working relationships with peer organisations, regulators, suppliers, and other third-party organisations.
- Contribute to the development and regular review of the strategic objectives for the SBU, and prepare business as instructed by the Head of Care.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
You will be able to demonstrate successful managership, achieved via first class care and people leadership skills. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to deliver significant business objectives in a performance based environment. Due to the critical nature of the role and the demand for blended working; a strong and stable internet connection is required in order to perform this role. To join us you need:
- Integrity, customer focus and genuine passion for helping people.
- SVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care and Level 4 Manager Award or equivalent qualification or experience that enables registration with SSSC within 6 months of commencing employment.
- Familiar with housing managing management whilst possessing an in-depth knowledge of care and related services.
- 2-4 years experience of budgeting, contract negotiation and management experience
- Sound spoken and written communications, particularly with team and customers.
- Driver’s license is required for this role.
Additionally, you will be able to:
- Use IT Systems to facilitate blending / digital working, including Excel, MS Office, MS Teams.
- Motivate staff through progressive management.
- Run a 24-hour care service
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Work From Home Options and IT Equipment
- Company Car
- Support to Enhance CPD
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
It’s really important that we get to know each other thoroughly before having the opportunity to welcome you to the team. We operate a two stage recruitment process:
Online Applications that meet the minimum criteria for the role will be contacted to attend:
- Short Online Assessment
- Personal Video Interview
Each stage provides an opportunity to assess important requirements and ultimately, your suitability for the role. Interviews will be conducted 26 August 2021. We look forward to hopefully meeting you soon.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us