Details:Location: Glenfield Court, Galashiels
Working hours: 17.5 – 30 hours per week
Remuneration: £10 per hour
Closing Date: 15th November 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services.
Care Worker Galashiels opportunity is best suited for a warm and profession individual. You will join our team of Care Workers at our Glenfield Court development. This role does include working weekend shifts. You will be responsible for the wellbeing of our residents and ultimately ensuring that the care needs of our older residents are met by:
- Providing a dignified, safe and stimulating service where customers are encouraged to exercise choice and live full, and independence lives.
- Ensuring individuals’ rights and responsibilities are retained by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Contributing to the care planning process and implementation.
- Liaising with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Maintaining and updating accurate records, both manually and electronic, to required standards in an ethical manner.
- Assisting with daily personal care, tasks and unique care needs.
- You will be required to wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
It is essential that in the Care Worker Galashiels post you have a genuine passion for helping people and are willing to learn.
- To join us you will be able to demonstrate your experience of empathising with and caring for older people.
- Hold a SVQ Level in Health and Social Care or equivalent, or be willing to achieve this through guided training provided by our team.
- Possess a flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a staff team.
- Participate in training of REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate.
- IT Proficiency is essential in order to access systems and use our IT network.
- Must be a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups scheme for adults.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Options
- Ongoing career development opportunities including support and funding to achieve an SVQ 2 in Health and Social Care
- Inhouse training programs
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free Employee Health and Wellbeing Counselling service
- Family friendly policies
- Various hours available
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us