Details:Location: Glenfield Court, Galashiels
Working hours: 17.5 - 30 hours per week on a 4 on 4 off rota
Remuneration: £10.50 to £10.78 per hour
Closing Date: 16th June 2022 noon
Care Worker – Glenfield Court
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Working as a Hanover Care Worker, Glenfield Court lets you bring your best caring self and warm professionalism to our community of residents, helping to promote their independence and lead comfortable lives. Joining our team at Glenfield Court, Galashiels gives you the opportunity to work with other committed care professionals ready to make a difference for our wonderful residents each and every day.
Hanover is currently offering permanent employment to the right individual. The shift pattern includes working 4 days on and 4 days off and produces an average of 25 hours per week with additional shifts available should you wish to increase your hours. You’ll be responsible for the wellbeing of our residents and ultimately ensuring the care needs of our older residents are met by:
- Providing a dignified, safe and stimulating service where customers are encouraged to exercise choice and experience their independence.
- Ensuring individuals’ rights and responsibilities are retained by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Participate in maintaining and updating records, both manual and electronic, to required standards in an ethical manner.
- Assistance with daily personal care tasks and tending to the unique care needs of the residents.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
To join Hanover, it is essential that you have a genuine passion for helping people.
We’d love to hear about:
- Your experience of empathising with and caring for older people.
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) in Health and Social Care (equivalent) or how you plan to achieve this. Training will be provided to achieve this.
- SSSC registration will be mandatory upon appointment as well as Membership to the PVG Scheme for Vulnerable Adults.
Life as a Care Worker is reserved for those who truly care. A career choice worth making and a special commitment to our residents. It means that you’ll know what it means to be resilient, pro-active and customer orientated. The successful person will possess a PVG before starting with us.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed is rewarded.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Pension Options
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment will be provided
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738Back to Work with us