Working hours: Casual
Remuneration: £9.30 - £9.58 an hour
Closing Date: noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. We currently manage more than 5,000 homes throughout Scotland. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We provide a range of housing and tenure types to meet the different support needs of older people, allowing them to retain their independence within a local community and enjoy as much privacy or company as they wish.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
The Casual Care Worker Dalry with Hanover is the daily opportunity to offer your best self and warm professionalism to our community of residents. Hanover respects all walks of life and your unique life skills and experience will take us further by continuing to bring our high quality care environment to life. A day as a Casual Care Worker Dalry at our Morris Court development will see you greeted by our residents and committed team of care professionals ready to make a difference each and every day.
The Casual Care Worker Dalry will be responsible for the wellbeing of our residents and ultimately ensuring the care needs of our older residents are met by:
- Providing a dignified, safe and stimulating service where customers are encouraged to exercise choice and experience their independence.
- Ensuring individuals’ rights and responsibilities are retained by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Participate in maintaining and updating records, both manual and electronic, to required standards in an ethical manner.
- Assistance with daily personal care, tasks and unique care needs.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
Join us and find yourself among great people. The successful Casual Care Worker Dalry should enjoy working in a culture of inclusion and possess a positive desire to make a real difference to the lives of our customers. You are keen to learn, acquire new skills, and kind, considerate and caring.
- To join us, you’ll need to have a genuine passion for caring for the elderly.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate evidence of your passion and commitment.
- An ability to empathise and care for the elderly.
- Ideally, SVQ Level in Health and Social care or equivalent or willing to achieve through training.
- You’ll be resilient, proactive, self-confident and customer-orientated.
- PVG is required for this role.
You will be making a proud contribution to a committed care team. Providing an essential service to our cherished customers who rely on your dedication and commitment.
We love what we do and we for people who feel the same way about promoting independent living as part of our high quality care environment.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
Hanover champions those that want to make a real impact. Apply today, do what you love and start your journey with Hanover Scotland.
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply.
- You will receive confirmation of application submission and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the specific requirements of the role.
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
Due to the current climate; video interviews may be conducted in accordance with our covid-secure procedures to assess the role in which you are applying for.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us