Working hours: Casual Contract 5 - 6 hours
Remuneration: £9.01 - £9.30 per hour
Closing Date: Open
Job Description: We are seeking an enthusiastic, professional and caring person to provide care support for residents who are residing at our developments in Galashiels, Innerleithen and Jedburgh. The position is a casual contract
More about this position
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
Our Care Workers provide a range of care and ancillary tasks to ensure the needs of older people are met in accordance with our care policies, standards and procedures. Undertaking all care at home duties, relating to the needs of older people and consistently contributing to a high quality care environment.
This important role is contracted on a casual basis, and includes weekend / holiday working. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our residents:
• Providing a dignified, safe and stimulating service where customers are encouraged to exercise choice and to promote their independence.
• Ensuring individuals’ rights and responsibilities are retained by treating them with dignity and respect.
• Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
• Participate in maintaining and updating records, both manual and electronic, to required standards in an ethical manner.
• Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, management of continence, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
• To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
• Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly
• Ideally, SVQ Level in Health and Social care or equivalent. OR willing to achieve through training.
• Resilient, proactive, self-confident and customer-orientated.
• A PVG check will be required.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
• Competitive Salary and Remuneration
• Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
• Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
• Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
• Generous Pension Options
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• External qualifications SVQs
• Employee Protection Protocols
• Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
• Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com
• If successful, we will then invite you to interview / assessment where we will have the opportunity to learn more about you.
Closing Date: Open
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738