Details:Location: Galashiels, Innerleithen, West Linton and Peebles
Working hours: Casual
Remuneration: £11.08 per hour
Closing Date: 5th May 2022 noon
Casual Development Manager – Scottish Borders
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
The Casual Development Manager, Scottish Borders position involves providing cover for planned annual leave and for sickness absence at short notice across our developments in Galashiels, Peebles, Innerleithen and West Linton. It is both a rewarding and challenging role that helps residents live independently within a safe and caring environment
As the face of Hanover, you will be committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing a high-quality service to our customers through efficient management of our Scottish Borders’ developments. This post would suit a friendly and professional individual with the ability to deal with a wide range of people; from the care team that you work alongside, residents and their families to contractors, local community groups and other agencies.
As the Casual Development Manager, Scottish Borders, you will have the opportunity to handle a variety of responsibilities and tasks related to the smooth and continuous running of the Development., including but not limited to:
- General management of the housing development and ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Logging day-to-day repairs and monitoring the progress.
- Liaising with contractors where necessary and carrying out property inspections.
- Regularly engaging with our customers, providing advice and information as requested.
- Ensuring that performance and key performance indicators are met.
- Cleaning and general upkeep of common areas, facilities, and accommodation.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- Demonstrable ability of empathising with and caring for the elderly
- Possess a sound knowledge of housing management services
- Ability to build rapport with a wide range of people
- Strong, clear communication skills in order to succeed
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm as a highly efficient multi-tasker
- Resilient, proactive, self-confident and customer orientated
- Highly organised multi-tasker with excellent IT skills is a must
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Free Standard Disclosure
Please submit your application online via our website: Work with us – Hanover Scotland
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us