Working hours: Casual
Remuneration: £9.90 per hour
Closing Date: 1st July 2022 noon
Casual Domestic Assistant
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
Hanover are recruiting for a friendly, enthusiastic individual to join us as a Casual Domestic Assistant providing cover for planned annual leave and for sickness absence at short notice in our developments based across Armadale. This casual post would especially suit those who would prefer to have the freedom to choose when they are able to work. Above all, it is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to the lives of our residents.
As the Domestic Assistant you will take ownership of the cleanliness, general up-keep and ensure the adherence to the highest quality of hygiene standards. You will ensure that the domestic and ancillary needs of older people are met in accordance with our care policies, standards and procedures. The efforts of the Domestic Assistant are truly appreciated as the team works to ensure our residents feel safe and secure at home, living full and independent lives.
- Clean common areas i.e., offices, corridors, lounge, laundry and staff room.
- Clean toilet areas, guest bedroom accommodation, bath, and shower areas.
- Assist in the preparation of guest bedrooms.
- Observe hygiene rota i.e., cleaning of cupboards, disinfection of relevant areas, and removal of waste.
- Polish and vacuum surfaces and wash floors, walls, and other equipment.
- Complete list of items required to replenish stock of cleaning materials.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly.
- A flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a staff team.
- Willing to participate in training of REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate.
- IT Proficiency is essential in order to access systems and use our IT network.
- Standard Disclosure is required for this role and will be paid for by Hanover.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us