Working hours: Casual Contract
Remuneration: 9.98 per hour
Closing Date: 6th April 2020 noon
Job Description: We are looking for an experienced Home Support Workers to become a vital part of our team providing individual advice, practical assistance, direct personal care and emotional support to service users living in their own homes.
More about this position
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
Our team of skilled and experienced Home Support Workers are a vital part in delivering our exceptional service. You will be assisting in the provision of care, support and housing management services. You will be providing individual advice, practical assistance, direct personal care and emotional support to service users living in their own homes.
This important role involves shift work, including weekends, early and back shifts. You will be working as part of a team to ensure that services are delivered flexibly, innovatively and in a dignified, safe and stimulating way. Promoting independence and encouraging customers to exercise choice and independence.
- Partner with the customer to ensure practical care and domiciliary needs are met and positive outcomes are achieved.
- Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, management of continence, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- PVG Scheme Membership (adults).
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to undertake care practice in accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) code of practice, National Care Standards, Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care and the Associations policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate sympathetically to people and recognise their right to choice and independence.
- Ability to work flexibly and as a lone worker, covering a 24 hour shift pattern.
- Able to use Microsoft or equivalent applications competently.
- Ideally, hold an SVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent qualification or prepared to achieve through training.
- Ideally, possess 1 year experience in a care setting.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
- Apply today or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If successful, we will then invite you to interview / assessment where we will have the opportunity to learn more about you.
Closing Date: 6 April 2020
Interview Date: 13 April 2020
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738