Working hours: Casual Post
Remuneration: £10.28 per hour
Closing Date: Open
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
Join our team of Casual Support Worker Moray where you will be available to work from our support and housing management services within our Linkwood View, Elgin, Chandlers Court, Elgin, Varis Court, Forres, Cameron Court, Forres and Linn Coort, Buckie developments. You will be assisting in the provision of care, support and housing management services. Providing individual advice, practical assistance, direct personal care and emotional support to service users living in their own homes.
This is a Casual Home Support Worker post. This important role involves shift work, including weekends, early and back shifts. You will be working as part of a team to ensure that services are delivered flexibly, innovatively and in a dignified, safe and stimulating way. Promoting independence and encouraging customers to exercise choice and independence.
- Partner with the customer to ensure practical care and domiciliary needs are met and positive outcomes are achieved.
- Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, management of continence, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- The role requires a genuine passion for helping people.
- PVG Scheme Membership (adults).
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to undertake care practice in accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) code of practice, National Care Standards, Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care and the Associations policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate sympathetically to people and recognise their right to choice and independence.
- Ability to work flexibly and as a lone worker, covering a 24 hour shift pattern.
- Able to use Microsoft or equivalent applications competently.
- Ideally, hold an SVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent qualification or prepared to achieve through training.
- Ideally, possess 1 year experience in a care setting.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply.
- You will receive confirmation of application submission and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the specific requirements of the role.
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
- Hanover endeavours to contact all applicants within 14 days of the closing date though due to the high volume of applications that we receive; we may not always able to notify of the status of your valued application within this time.
Due to the current climate; video interviews will be conducted in accordance with our requirements to assess the role in which you are applying for.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us