Details:Location: West Area Developments
Working hours: Casual
Remuneration: £11.08 per hour
Closing Date: 15th March 2022 noon
Casual Support Worker
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Are you looking for a new role without the commitment of contracted hours?
We are seeking an enthusiastic, professional, and caring person to provide a housing management and housing support service promoting independent living for older people residing at our very sheltered housing developments in Renfrewshire and East Dunbartonshire.
This is a Casual Support Worker post covering for holidays and sickness and will be worked over various early, back and late shift patterns with additional sleepover payments. You will be providing housing management services which enable older people to retain the role of tenant, to exercise choice and independence.
Your skills gained in supported or similar services will help you promote our clients’ independence as you work effectively with clients, relatives and external agencies.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping older people.
- Experience in a housing support / or similar environment is desirable.
- Demonstrable high-level empathy and effective communication skills.
- Customer orientated approach to work
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Resilient, proactive, and self-confident.
- You’ll also hold SVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care (Qualified) or be willing to achieve this to meet the requirements of the SSSC within regulatory timescales.
- The right candidate will be a capable administrator and have good IT skills.
- SSSC registration will be mandatory upon appointment as well as Membership to the PVG Scheme for Vulnerable Adults.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed is rewarded.
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us