Details:Location: West Area Developments
Working hours: Casual
Remuneration: £15.60 per hour
Closing Date: 11th March 2022 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
Our Very Sheltered Housing Managers oversee the provision of housing management and care services provided at very sheltered developments which enable older people to retain the role of tenant and to exercise choice and independence. You will be required to organise and oversee repairs and maintenance as well as be responsible for the management of rents. This role involves dealing with tenancy enquiries and carrying out minor practical tasks to assist our valued customers. This is a Casual post to cover holidays and sickness absence.
The Casual Very Sheltered Housing Manager – West role is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our customers You will have the opportunity to handle a wide range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing the provision of housing management and care services provided at very sheltered developments.
- Leading, managing and motivating staff using a teamwork approach and to ensure that the development is adequately staffed, in accordance with approved staffing arrangements.
- Delivering of quality housing management, support and care services to customers in accordance with the Association’s standards.
- Responding to customers’ enquiries timeously and assisting where required in complex or sensitive situations such as Rent Account queries or neighbour complaints or property matters.
- Communicating effectively with staff and establish and maintain consistent standards of staff performance ensuring that staff training needs are identified and met.
- Managing day care and respite care services effectively according to the Association’s standards.
- Ensuring the provision of an efficient and effective catering service, providing regular wholesome and nutritious meals to customers in accordance with the Association’s standards for food safety to both very sheltered and any associated day centres.
- Ensuring that the management of income and expenditure reporting is undertaken in accordance with the Association’s procedures.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Demonstrable ability of empathising with and caring for the elderly.
- Three years’ application of the skills knowledge and abilities listed in section 1 above.
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 4 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification is desirable.
- Must be registered and remain registered with the Scottish Social Services Council as a condition of employment.
- Hold or be able to obtain Basic REHIS Food Safety Certificate.
- Hold or be able to obtain Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Applicant should have a clean driver’s license and have access and use of a vehicle for business use.
- Will have a sound understanding of housing management, housing support and care services environments.
- Highly organised multi-tasker with excellent IT skills is a must.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
- PPE equipment will be provided
- Free Standard Disclosure
Please submit your application online via our website: Work with us – Hanover Scotland
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us