Working hours: 12
Remuneration: £9.30 an hour
Closing Date: 12th April 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
You’ll be working with us 12 hours per week at our Granary Street, Huntly development.
Your contributions towards our positive and professional atmosphere will include:
- Cleaning common areas i.e. offices, corridors, lounge, staff room.
- Cleaning scheme lavatories, and guest accommodation, bath and shower areas etc.
- Polishing surfaces, furniture and office equipment as required by rota.
- Removal of waste and preparation of guest bedrooms.
The work you do as the Development Cleaner Huntly means a tremendous amount to our residents. The efforts of the Development Cleaner are truly appreciated as the team work to ensure our residents feel safe and secure at home; living full and independent lives.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly.
- Able to follow cleaning schedules and procedures.
- A flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude. .
- Communicate effectively with basic writing skills.
- You’ll also need some ICT skills so that you can access all of your available e-learning programs as well as the company portal.
This role will be subject to disclosure checks and successful applicants must be able to demonstrate satisfactory reference checks.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply before the closing date.
- You will receive confirmation of application submission and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the specific requirements of the role
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
Due to the current climate; video interviews will be conducted in accordance with our requirements to assess the role in which you are applying for.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us