Working hours: 35 per week
Remuneration: £39,242 - £43,627 per annum
Closing Date: 8th February 2022 noon
Communications Manager – Edinburgh
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role
The Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of a Communications & Marketing function for Hanover which is an integral component for supporting the business transformation of our organisation. This includes the key functions of:
- Lead on the delivery of an Annual Action Plan to ensure key objectives are delivered
- Be an effective member of SMT, working collaboratively to continuously develop the Hanover Brand, ensuring all Hanover services are promoted and publicised to an optimum level
- Leading and managing the Communications Team to ensure they delivery value for money for the organisation
As a member of the Governance & Transformation Team, the role holder will be responsible for the development of Hanover’s Communication Plan and Annual Action Plan, covering both internal and external communications, to support the delivery of the Hanover strategy and business plan.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the role holder will lead the Communications team to continuously develop the Hanover brand and ensure all Hanover services are optimally promoted and publicised.
We welcome applications from all background and experience, though we are ideally looking for a Communications and Marketing professional with significant experience in an equivalent role. To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Evidence of successfully developing and promoting an organisation’s brand.
- Successful development and implementation of communication plans and timelines.
- Successful management of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Budgeting and forecasting, ideally within a public sector environment.
- 2-3 years management experience running an effective communications service, including employee management and team leadership
- Excellent writing and professional content editing abilities.
The role suits someone with a communications and marketing background with a commitment to providing excellent customer service to all our customers stakeholders and employees. If you have any questions ahead of applying, please direct your enquiry to email@example.com and a member of the team will endeavour to assist.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Hybrid Working Model
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us