Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £24,597 to £28,614 per annum
Closing Date: 9th June 2022 noon
Communications Officer (Internal Only)
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role
The Communications Officer is responsible to the Communications Manager for supporting the effective delivery of the Communications and Marketing functions at Hanover. This permanent role includes the delivery of video content for all audiences and on our internal engagement activities.
- Deliver core communication and marketing activities for Hanover.
- Manage the delivery of a range of planned and ad-hoc projects and support the continuous improvement of communication.
- Liaise with all Hanover colleagues and teams to develop innovative ways of delivering an effective Communications and marketing service.
- Basic video production service for Hanover including planning, filming, and editing video content for use both internally and externally.
- Be part of Hanover’s design and editing service providing support to colleagues in the production of a variety of publications for internal and external use.
- Produce Hanover’s regular internal engagement publications including our monthly e-mail bulletin and regular performance updates.
- Undertake the organisation of official events for the organisation, including the AGM and opening ceremonies for new developments.
- Demonstrable experience of copywriting.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud with a focus on the use of InDesign and Premiere Pro.
- Strong ICT Skills including the use of MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong organisational skills are a must for this role.
- Creative and solution orientated mindset with a commitment to service quality.
- Experience with working on video projects.
- Two years’ experience of working within a communications environment.
- Knowledge of social media channels.
- An understanding of the public sector environment.
- Knowledge of housing / care / telecare sectors.
- Knowledge of WordPress website management.
- Experience of using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Communications qualification or relevant experience.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Long service and retirement awards
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us