Working hours: 35 a week
Remuneration: £28,027 - £35,335 per annum
Closing Date: 6th October 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. Hanover provides and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
Hanover is currently reviewing our operating model and is currently considering how we retain the benefits of home working whilst ensuring that the team are supported to collaborate and work together. The Building Services team are based in the Edinburgh office and going forward the post holder will be required to work from the office on a regular basis.
The Compliance Officer Edinburgh is responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and administration of the Association’s compliance function. Reporting to the Building Services Manager, you will be provided with an excellent opportunity to apply your skills in the following key areas: –
- Asbestos management
- Gas safety
- Water hygiene management.
- Fire safety & maintenance.
- Electrical safety
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experience, though we are looking for an officer who has 2 years’ experience of working in the above areas. To be successful in this role, you’ll be expected to be able to demonstrate:
- A Customer centric approach., always ensuring the safety of our tenants.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to use, update and monitor data on excel spreadsheets to demonstrate and verify compliance.
- An ability to manage risk.
- A high level of organisational skills and ability to engage with the Associations residents, contractors and external organisations.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded with:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Flexi-Hour system is available for this post.
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
Back to Work with us