Working hours: 16 per week
Remuneration: £10.28 an hour
Closing Date: 26th May 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
This important role will see you at the heart of a warm and supportive Callieburn Court development in Bishopbriggs. You will be working Saturday and Sundays. Cooking and serving light meals as well as serving pre-prepared food to a high standard.
- Planning in advance and maintaining procedures to ensure a varied, nutritious menu for customers. Preparing meals daily or in advance to cover all seven days of the week.
- Cook, prepare and serve meals to customers during duty hours and prepare other meals for distribution during meetings and events.
- To maintain high standards of food hygiene and presentation and ensure Kitchen areas and all other areas satisfy health and safety regulation.
- Administer stock rotations, portion control and food records.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Ideally, one year’s demonstrative experience in a similar / equivalent role.
- Hold or be willing to obtain REHIS food hygiene certificates.
- Flexible approach to work with ability to empathise and demonstrate professional conduct and detachments in working with potentially vulnerable customers.
- Working knowledge of nutrition and dietary requirements.
- Awareness of health and safety including identification and reporting of risk.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply before the closing date.
- You will receive confirmation of successful application and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the job specific and occupational requirements of the role
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us