Working hours: 35 per week
Remuneration: £18,701 - £19,686
Closing Date: 16th August 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
The Cook job Johnstone will see you undertaking domestic and ancillary tasks within the Walkinshaw Court, Johnstone development that puts its residents first. You will be working with us 35 hours per week; cooking and serving light meals as well as serving pre-prepared food to a high standard. You will work individually (lone working within a kitchen environment) and as part of a staff team whilst being sensitive to the needs and independence of our older residents at all times.
- Planning in advance and maintaining procedures to ensure a varied, nutritious menu for customers. Preparing meals daily or in advance to cover all seven days of the week.
- Cook, prepare and serve meals to customers during duty hours and prepare other meals for distribution during meetings and events.
- To maintain high standards of food hygiene and presentation and ensure Kitchen areas and all other areas satisfy health and safety regulation.
- Utilise nominated suppliers and provide cost effective ordering programmes. Administer stock rotations, portion control and food records.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Ideally, one year’s experience in a similar / equivalent role.
- Hold or be willing to obtain REHIS food hygiene certificates.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to empathise with vulnerable adults.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and detachments in working with potentially vulnerable customers.
- Basic IT Skills.
- Working knowledge of nutrition and dietary requirements.
- Basic awareness of health and safety including identification and reporting of risk.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
We ask that you take 15 minutes to apply by using our application form. We are unable to accept CVs as we operate a fair recruitment process and therefore standardise the applicant information that we collect. Please note that you may wish to use an up to date browser other than internet explorer should any of the ‘apply now’ buttons be unavailable.
Apply online today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later (just remember to come back before the closing date). Please note that initial interviews may be conducted via video to ensure the safety of our community.
Please feel free to get in touch with any questions at email@example.com OR, if you’re ready, we look forward to receiving your application form very soon.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us