Working hours: 24.5 hours per week
Remuneration: £19,637 - £20,652 pro rata
Closing Date: 21st July 2022 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
Hanover have an exciting opportunity for a reliable and experienced Cook to join our fantastic team at Cameron Court where you will be responsible for cooking and serving light meals as well as serving pre-prepared food to a high standard. You will manage the kitchen and ensure that the kitchen service runs smoothly whilst being sensitive to the needs of our residents.
This is a great permanent part time opportunity, working 24.5 hours per week on a 4 on/4 off rota (equivalent to 3.5 days per week).
To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Ideally, one year’s experience in a similar / equivalent role.
- Hold or be willing to obtain REHIS food hygiene certificates.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to empathise with vulnerable adults.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and detachments in working with potentially vulnerable customers.
- Basic IT Skills.
- Working knowledge of nutrition and dietary requirements.
- Basic awareness of health and safety including identification and reporting of risk.
What we are offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Pension Options
- Inhouse Training Programs
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Free Employee Health and Wellbeing Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us