Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £39,242 - £43,627 per annum
Closing Date: 3rd February 2022 noon
Customer Safety Coordinator – Edinburgh
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a Customer Safety Coordinator who is committed to providing excellent customer service and is able to build and maintain strong relationships with our customers, internal stakeholders, and external agencies.
You will work closely with the Building Services Manager and will lead on the day-to-day management and monitoring of Hanover’s customer safety function. This includes, but is not limited to, gas services maintenance, water hygiene, electrical safety, asbestos requirements, fire safety equipment, maintenance of lifts and lifting equipment. You will be required to manage contractors, propose, and monitor annual compliance budgets whilst ensuring that all activities undertaken are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with Hanover’s policies, procedures and customer safety requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrable experience with a clear understanding of compliance management. The Key requirements for this role include:
- Previous experience working within the housing association sector is essential.
- Two years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Demonstrable ability to make effective evidence-based decisions.
- Higher or equivalent standard of education.
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety compliance and the principles and practice for administering reactive and programmed property maintenance.
- Effective contract management skills, managing service and maintenance contracts.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure that the Compliance Function is delivered through the liaison with colleagues and external parties.
- Excellent organisational, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work at all levels within the business.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Hybrid Working Model
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Long service and retirement awards
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us