Working hours: 25 per week
Remuneration: £18,701 - £19,686
Closing Date: 17th May 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. We currently manage more than 5,000 homes throughout Scotland. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We provide a range of housing and tenure types to meet the different support needs of older people, allowing them to retain their independence within a local community and enjoy as much privacy or company as they wish.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
Hanover is offering the opportunity to join us on at 12 Month Fixed Term Contract basis at our Chandlers Court, Elgin development. You will be responsible for providing an excellent day service under our experienced management team.
Fostering a warm, safe and inviting atmosphere within the day centre; ensuring respect and confidentiality are present.
- Participate in the delivery of a wide range of activities, social events and outings.
- Provide physical care, in accordance with approved standards, to assist customers carrying out tasks of daily living e.g. dining and visiting the toilet.
- Support customers attending the Day Centre with their medication, abiding by Hanover’s medication policy.
- Promote customers’ participation in Day Centre activities taking account of their choice and with regard to their abilities.
- Liaise with families, carers, and community care and health colleagues in an appropriate and helpful way as and when required.
- Contribute to the process of assessing customers’ needs and thereafter participate in planning, implementation and review of their individual care programmes.
- Record and update relevant information held either on paper copies or electronic.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
You’ll be joining an environment that puts the people in our community first and the work that you do means a tremendous amount. Going above and beyond to meet the needs our cherished customers ahead through simple solutions for life.
You will be skilled in fostering an environment based on respect and confidentiality where customers independence and choice are promoted to the fullest extent of their wishes and ability. With a keen ability to managed a varied workload and apply good time management.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- Achievements equating to 2 years’ experience in a caring / supportive environment.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of care and other supported services for customers.
- Able to administer and manage Housing Support and Care Plans and other processes underpinning services.
- Able to carry out personal care tasks with respect and dignity for customers and liaise with colleagues, families, external agencies both under supervision and alone in the absence of a Manager.
- Ability to develop empathetic professional working relationships with customers based on appreciation of their physical and emotional needs.
- Able to show evidence of continuous professional development in areas relevant to the post.
- Basic ICT Skills are essential, including MS Word, Outlook and Intranet use as well as the ability to learn new systems.
- PVG membership (adults) will be required for this role.
- Ability to remain registered with the SSSC.
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You’ll be working in a company with a strong identity and under experienced Manager’s at your place of work so there’s plenty to learn and room to grow.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
Life at Hanover is a satisfying decision and if it sounds like the opportunity for you; our team certainly look forward to welcoming you. Please do feel at liberty to ask any questions otherwise, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Application Process
We ask that you take 15 minutes to apply by using our application form. We are unable to accept CVs as we operate a fair recruitment process and therefore standardise the applicant information that we collect. Please note that you may wish to use an up to date browser other than internet explorer should any of the ‘apply now’ buttons be unavailable.
Apply online today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later (just remember to come back before the closing date). Please note that initial interviews may be conducted via video to ensure the safety of the community.
Please feel free to get in touch with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org OR, if you’re ready, we look forward to receiving your application form very soon.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us