Working hours: 35 per week
Remuneration: £17,351 - £18,701 a year
Closing Date: 1st July 2021 noon
Previous applicants need not apply – thank you.
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
We are looking for a positive and professional Development Assistant to join the housing team and work with our more vulnerable customers. You’ll be working at our Woodburn Court, Hamilton development performing a range of domestic and housing management duties and assisting the manager with the general upkeep of the development. The role entails waking nights / sleepovers and therefore applicants must be willing to perform this duty accordingly. The Development Assistant will be working with us:
- On a permanent basis
- 35 hours a week
- Additional sleepover payments
- Job Share Options are available
- Cleaning and upkeep of common areas, facilities, and accommodation.
- Regular upkeep and the washing of kitchens, crockery, store rooms, changing areas, and facilities.
- Observation of hygiene rota and the cleaning of store cupboards, pantry areas, disinfection of areas and waste removal.
- Preparation and setting of dining areas and assisting in meals service.
- Liaise with colleagues on the reporting and recording of repairs and general maintenance issues.
- Assist in the health and safety checks of the building.
The work you do as the Development Assistant Hamilton means a tremendous amount to our residents. The efforts of the Development Assistant are truly appreciated as the team work to ensure our residents feel safe and secure at home; living full and independent lives.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly.
- Able to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the development and kitchen area.
- A level of understanding of what it means to work with older people in a social care setting.
- Ability to follow cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users, colleagues or visitors to the development.
- Required to wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply before the closing date.
- You will receive confirmation of application submission and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the specific requirements of the role
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
Due to the current climate; video interviews will be conducted in accordance with our requirements to assess the role in which you are applying for.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us