Working hours: 12 hours per week
Remuneration: £9.50 an hour
Closing Date: 7th December 2021 noon
Development Cleaner – Weavers Court, Whitburn
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
We continue to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
You’ll be working with us 12 hours per week, Monday to Friday, at our Weavers Court, Whitburn development.
As the Development Cleaner Whitburn your contributions towards our positive and professional atmosphere will include:
- Cleaning common areas i.e. offices, corridors, lounge, staff room.
- Cleaning scheme lavatories, and guest accommodation, bath and shower areas etc.
- Polishing surfaces, furniture and office equipment as required by rota.
- Removal of waste and preparation of guest bedrooms.
The work you do as the Development Cleaner Whitburn means a tremendous amount to our residents. The efforts of the Development Cleaner are truly appreciated as the team work to ensure our residents feel safe and secure at home; living full and independent lives.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly.
- Able to follow cleaning schedules and procedures.
- A flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude.
- Communicate effectively with basic writing skills.
- You’ll also need some ICT skills so that you can access all of your available e-learning programs as well as the company portal.
This role will be subject to disclosure checks and successful applicants must be able to demonstrate satisfactory reference checks.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Free Standard Disclosure
Please submit your application online via our website: Work with us – Hanover Scotland
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738Back to Work with us