Working hours: 22.75 hours per week
Remuneration: Salary: £10,662.00 per annum
Closing Date: 27th February 2020 noon
Job Description: Our housing developments represent the care and pride of Hanover Scotland. As part of our friendly team; you will be a Domestic Assistant that takes ownership of the cleanliness, general up-keep of and ensure hygiene standards are adhered to. Ensuring domestic and ancillary needs of older people are met in accordance with our care policies, standards and procedures. Consistently contributing to a high quality care environment.
More about this position
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
This important role is on a permanent basis, and includes weekend / holiday working. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our residents:
- Clean common areas i.e. offices, corridors, lounge, staff room
- Clean toilet areas; guest bedroom accommodation; bath and shower areas and residents’ flat lets where appropriate.
- Polish and vacuum surfaces and equipment, removal of waste to disposal areas and assist in preparation of guest bedrooms.
- Wash kitchen floors, serving areas, walls, fixed and other equipment including crockery and cutlery.
- Observe hygiene rota i.e. cleaning of cupboards, pantry areas, disinfection of relevant areas, removal of waste.
- Receive and record food items, restocking stores, assist in the meals service.
- Liaising with a variety of internal colleagues
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly
- A flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a staff team
- willing to participate in training of REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
- Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If successful, we will then invite you to interview / assessment where we will have the opportunity to learn more about you.
Please ensure you include the reference number on your application.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738