Working hours: 12 per week
Remuneration: £9.30 an hour
Closing Date: 19th February 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
The Domestic Assistant Elgin and our housing developments represent the care and pride of Hanover Scotland. You will be working with us at Chandlers Court as part of our friendly team on a permanent basic. The Domestic Assistant Elgin will be working weekends, taking ownership of the cleanliness, general up-keep and practicing the highest quality of hygiene standards are adhered to. You’ll be ensuring domestic and ancillary needs of older people are met in accordance with our care policies, standards and procedures. Consistently contributing to a high quality care environment.
This important Domestic Assistant Elgin role is on a permanent basis. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our residents:
- Clean common areas i.e. offices, corridors, lounge, staff room
- Clean toilet areas; guest bedroom accommodation; bath and shower areas and residents’ flat lets where appropriate.
- Polish and vacuum surfaces and equipment, removal of waste to disposal areas and assist in preparation of guest bedrooms.
- Wash kitchen floors, serving areas, walls, fixed and other equipment including crockery and cutlery.
- Observe hygiene rota i.e. cleaning of cupboards, pantry areas, disinfection of relevant areas, and removal of waste.
- Receive and record food items, restocking stores, assist in the meals service.
- Liaising with a variety of internal colleagues
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly
- A flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a staff team
- Willing to participate in training of REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate
- IT Proficiency is essential in order to access systems and use our IT network.
- PVG will be required for this role.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply before the closing date.
- You will receive confirmation of application submission and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the specific requirements of the role
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
Due to the current climate; video interviews will be conducted in accordance with our requirements to assess the role in which you are applying for.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us