Working hours: Casual
Remuneration: £9.50 per hour
Closing Date: 4th November 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
As a Casual Domestic Assistant based in Elgin you will be working as part of our friendly team, taking ownership of the cleanliness, general up-keep and practicing the highest quality of hygiene standards at our Moray based developments. You’ll be ensuring domestic and ancillary needs of older people are met in accordance with our care policies, standards and procedures. Consistently contributing to the high quality care environment.
- Clean common areas i.e. offices, corridors, lounge, staff room
- Clean toilet areas; guest bedroom accommodation; bath and shower areas and residents’ flat lets where appropriate.
- Polish and vacuum surfaces and equipment, removal of waste to disposal areas and assist in preparation of guest bedrooms.
- Wash kitchen floors, serving areas, walls, fixed and other equipment including crockery and cutlery.
- Observe hygiene rota i.e. cleaning of cupboards, pantry areas, disinfection of relevant areas, and removal of waste.
- Receive and record food items, restocking stores, assist in the meals service.
- Liaising with a variety of internal colleagues
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly
- A flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a staff team
- Willing to participate in training of REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate
- IT Proficiency is essential in order to access systems and use our IT network.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Hanover champions those that want to make a real impact. Apply today, do what you love and start your journey with Hanover Scotland.
Back to Work with us