Working hours: 23 hours per week
Remuneration: £11,362 per annum
Closing Date: 17th December 2021 noon
Domestic Assistant Hamilton.
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services.
About the Role
The Domestic Assistant Hamilton and our housing developments represent the care and pride of Hanover Scotland. You’ll be working with us according to a 4-on 4-off shift pattern which includes working weekends.
You will be working with us on a permanent basis at our Victoria Court development in Hamilton alongside our friendly team. As the Domestic Assistant you will taking ownership of the cleanliness, general up-keep and ensure the adherence to the highest quality of hygiene standards. You will be ensuring domestic and ancillary needs of older people are met in accordance with our care policies, standards and procedures. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our residents.
- Clean common areas i.e. offices, corridors, lounge, staff room.
- Clean toilet areas, guest bedroom accommodation, bath and shower areas and residents’ flatlets where appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of guest bedrooms.
- Observe hygiene rota i.e. cleaning of cupboards, pantry areas, disinfection of relevant areas, and removal of waste.
- Receive and record food items, restock stores and assist in the meals service.
- Wash kitchen serving areas including crockery and cutlery.
- Polish and vacuum surfaces and wash floors, walls and other equipment.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly.
- A flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a staff team.
- Willing to participate in training of REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate.
- IT Proficiency is essential in order to access systems and use our IT network.
- Standard Disclosure is required for this role and will be paid for by Hanover.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Back to Work with us