Working hours: 8 per week
Remuneration: £9.30 an hour
Closing Date: 29th July 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
The Domestic Assistant Paisley and our housing developments represent the care and pride of Hanover Scotland. You’ll be working with us 8 hours a week on Saturday’s and Sunday’s.
You will be working with us on a permanent basis at our Newton Court, Paisley development alongside our friendly team. The Domestic Assistant Paisley will be working weekends, taking ownership of the cleanliness, general up-keep and practicing the highest quality of hygiene standards are adhered to. You’ll be ensuring domestic and ancillary needs of older people are met in accordance with our care policies, standards and procedures. Consistently contributing to a high quality care environment. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our residents:
- Clean common areas i.e. offices, corridors, lounge, staff room
- Clean toilet areas; guest bedroom accommodation; bath and shower areas and residents’ flat lets where appropriate.
- Polish and vacuum surfaces and equipment, removal of waste to disposal areas and assist in preparation of guest bedrooms.
- Wash kitchen floors, serving areas, walls, fixed and other equipment including crockery and cutlery.
- Observe hygiene rota i.e. cleaning of cupboards, pantry areas, disinfection of relevant areas, and removal of waste.
- Receive and record food items, restocking stores, assist in the meals service.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- Demonstrable experience of empathising with and caring for the elderly
- A flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a staff team
- Willing to participate in training of REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate
- IT Proficiency is essential in order to access systems and use our IT network.
- PVG will be required for this role.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
Back to Work with us