Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £28,391 - £35,699 per annum
Closing Date: 21st February 2022 noon
Finance Business Partner – Edinburgh
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role – Finance Business Partner – Edinburgh
Hanover Scotland is expanding the Finance team and are ideally looking for two Finance Business Partners to provide a comprehensive and insightful financial and management accounting service to the Strategic Business Units within Hanover.
The role will support the Strategic Finance Manager and Business Unit stakeholders to help achieve Hanover wider business objectives and strategy.
Main key functions include but are not limited to:
- Providing high-quality analysis and comprehensive advice, support and guidance to relevant Directors, Managers and budget holders.
- Providing a supporting and advisory service including the provision of financial reporting, business and strategic planning, budgeting services and generalist financial advice.
- Promoting continuous improvement by appropriately challenging practice where necessary and providing guidance to improve financial management skills across the organisation.
As a member of the Finance Team, the role holder will work with colleagues within Strategic Finance in the preparation of monthly management accounts and the provision of quality, effective and timely financial information for the Strategic Business Units across the Association.
We welcome applications from all background and experience, though we are ideally looking for a Finance Business Partner with previous experience applying the skills noted above. To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Experience of managing projects and budgets and providing insightful analysis and advice to stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to utilise information effectively, demonstrating a logical and methodical approach to reporting and report writing.
- Hold a HNC in Accounting or equivalent.
- Fully competent in the use of information technology across a broad range of office and financial software packages.
- Fully competent user of MS Office, able to use Excel to a high standard to manipulate and interrogate information.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and as an effective team member.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Hybrid Working Model
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738Back to Work with us