Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £55,231 - £ 62,613 per annum
Closing Date: 17th December 2021 noon
Head of HR and OD – Edinburgh
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services.
About the Role
The Head of HR and OD is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, strategically minded HR professional with a strong background in Organisational Development to be responsible for the overall management, development, and leadership of the Human Resources & Organisational Development services, ensuring delivery of Strategic and Operational excellence across the business.
This newly created position plays a key role in supporting and embedding OD across the business including areas such as talent management, engagement, succession planning, training, and the development of staff.
We are looking for a candidate that can identify with the values of the organisation, share our ambition for Hanover and the customers we serve and provide the drive and energy to achieving our outcomes.
To be successful in the Head of HR and OD Edinburgh role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Strong strategic leadership skills with relative experience leading and developing organisation’s.
- Extensive experience of dealing with complex HR Issues.
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills that display decisiveness, integrity with the ability to motivate and develop teams.
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislative frameworks, compliance and best practice and policy.
- Ability to think and work strategically and deliver operational excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at senior management level in a relevant sector.
- Highly developed transformational change management skills.
- Degree or equivalent experience outlined above.
- Full membership of relevant professional body (e.g., CIPD).
- Membership to the PVG Scheme for Vulnerable Adults.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded with:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Car Allowance
- Flexi-Hour system is available for this post
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement.
- Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us