Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £18,701 - £19,686 pro rata
Closing Date: 9th December 2021 noon
Home Support Worker Elgin 9 Month Fixed Term Maternity Cover
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services.
About the Role
Our caring team of Home Support Workers Elgin are a vital part in delivering our exceptional service. You will be assisting in the provision of care, support and housing management services at our development in Chandlers Court, Elgin This is post is a Maternity Cover Fixed Term contract for 9 Months.
You will be helping us provide a service that promotes independence, maintains dignity, and encourages inclusion towards ensuring the general health and wellbeing of our cherished customers. You will be trusted with providing individual advice, practical assistance, direct personal care and emotional support to service users living in their own homes.
This important Home Support Worker Elgin role involves shift work, including weekends, early and back shifts. You will be working as part of a team to ensure that services are delivered flexibly, innovatively and in a dignified, safe and stimulating way. Promoting independence and encouraging customers to exercise choice and independence.
- Partner with the customer to ensure practical care and domiciliary needs are met and positive outcomes are achieved.
- Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- Providing all aspects of personal care in line with care plans
- Medication administration from level 1-4
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
- Key working
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Ideally, possess 1 year experience in a care setting.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to undertake care practice in accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) code of practice, National Care Standards, Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care and the Associations policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate sympathetically to people and recognise their right to choice and independence.
- Ability to work flexibly and as a lone worker, covering a 24 hour shift pattern.
- Able to use Microsoft or equivalent applications competently.
- Ideally, hold an SVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care or willing to achieve through training.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed is rewarded.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Ongoing Career Development Opportunities including support and funding to achieve an SVQ 2 in Health and Social Care
- Inhouse Training Programs
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Employee Health and Wellbeing Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us