Working hours: Casual
Closing Date: noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. We currently manage more than 5,000 homes throughout Scotland. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We provide a range of housing and tenure types to meet the different support needs of older people, allowing them to retain their independence within a local community and enjoy as much privacy or company as they wish.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
The Home Support Workers Forres assists with the provision of care, support and housing management services at our Varis Court development in Forres. Providing individual advice, practical assistance, direct personal care and emotional support to service users living in their own homes.
This important role involves shift work, including weekends and holidays. The Home Support Worker Forres is an opportunity to work as part of a team to ensure that services are delivered in a dignified, safe and stimulating way. Promoting independence and encouraging customers to exercise choice and independence.
- Partner with the customer to ensure practical care and domiciliary needs are met and positive outcomes are achieved.
- Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
Join us and find yourself among great people. The successful person should enjoy working in a culture of inclusion and possess a positive desire to make a real difference to the lives of our customers. You are keen to learn, acquire new skills, and be kind, considerate and caring.
- The role requires a genuine passion for helping people.
- Ability to relate sympathetically to people and recognise their right to choice and independence.
- Ability to work flexibly and as a lone worker, covering a 24 hour shift pattern.
- PVG Scheme Membership (adults).
- Ideally, possess 1 year experience in a care setting.
- Able to use Microsoft or equivalent applications competently.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to undertake care practice in accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) code of practice, National Care Standards, Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care and the Associations policies and procedures.
- Ideally, hold an SVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent qualification or prepared to achieve through training.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
Hanover champions those that want to make a real impact. Apply today, do what you love and start your journey with Hanover Scotland.
The Application Process
Apply today by submitting your online application form. Want to apply later? You can begin your application, click ‘save and exit’ and return later to apply.
- You will receive confirmation of application submission and a copy of your application form will be sent to you via email.
- Your application will be carefully reviewed against the specific requirements of the role.
- Applicants progressed to assessment stage will receive contact to arrange an interview / assessment where we can learn more about each other.
Due to the current climate; video interviews will be conducted in accordance with our covid-secure procedures to assess the role in which you are applying for.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us