Working hours: 33 per week
Remuneration: £18,701 - £19,686 pro rata + 20% enhancement
Closing Date: 4th November 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
Our caring team of Home Support Workers are a vital part in delivering our exceptional service. Multiple vacancies are available for you to assist in the provision of care, support, and housing management services at either of our Varis Court development.
Waking nights role providing a personal and reactive service. The waking nights are worked as a team of two, on a 4 on 4 off basis, 9.30 pm to 7.30 am supporting tenants within Varis Court including short stay clients accommodated in the USS properties working on partnership with Health and Social Care Moray.
You will be helping us provide a service that promotes independence, maintains dignity, and encourages inclusion towards ensuring the general health and wellbeing of our cherished customers. You will be trusted with providing individual advice, practical assistance, direct personal care, and emotional support to service users living in their own homes.
This important Home Support Worker based in Forres involves waking nights, including weekends, You will be working as part of a team to ensure that services are delivered flexibly, innovatively and in a dignified, safe and stimulating way.
- Partner with the customer to ensure practical care and domiciliary needs are met and positive outcomes are achieved.
- Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
It’s important that you are comfortable working on your own initiative as you’ll be looking after 30 tenants. You’ll have the autonomy to make your own decisions, prioritise workload and work in conjunction with the local nursing team and NHS professionals. Experience with ACU, rest bite flats and palliative care would be ideal.
To join us, you need to have:
- A genuine passion for helping people.
- Ideally, possess 1 year experience in a care setting.
- Ability to relate sympathetically to people and recognise their right to choice and independence.
- Ability to work flexibly and as a lone worker, covering a 24 hour shift pattern.
- Able to use Microsoft or equivalent applications competently.
- Ideally, hold an SVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care or willing to achieve through training.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to undertake care practice in accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) code of practice, National Care Standards, Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care and the Associations policies and procedures.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Generous Pension Options
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
Back to Work with us