Working hours: Various working hours available
Remuneration: £19,637 - £20,652 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: 23rd June 2022 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services.
About the Role
As Home Support Worker – Varis Court, Forres you will be assisting in the provision of care, support and housing management services at our development and will play a vital role in delivering an exceptional service for our residents.
You will be trusted with providing individual advice, practical assistance, direct personal care and emotional support to service users living in their own homes. Working with our Hanover team, you will be helping us provide a service that promotes independence, maintains dignity, and encourages our residents to live full, independent lives with our support.
This permanent Home Support Worker position is based at Varis Court, Forres and involves working shifts and weekends according to various shift pattern. We have the following hours available and shift patterns can be discussed at interview stage:
- 35 hours per week
- 30 hours per week
- 25 hours per week
- 21 hours per week
We are also offering Casual Home Support Workers roles for those who would prefer to have the freedom to choose when they are able to work.
You will be working as part of a team to ensure that services are delivered flexibly, innovatively and in a dignified, safe and stimulating way. Promoting independence and encouraging customers to exercise choice.
- Partner with the customer to ensure practical care and domiciliary needs are met and positive outcomes are achieved.
- Contribute to the care planning process and implementation and liaison with external agencies, family members and carers.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- Providing all aspects of personal care in line with care plans
- Medication administration from level 1-4
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessments.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Ideally, possess 1 year experience in a care setting.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to undertake care practice in accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) code of practice, National Care Standards, Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care and the Associations policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate sympathetically to people and recognise their right to choice and independence.
- Ability to work flexibly and as a lone worker, covering a 24-hour shift pattern.
- Able to use Microsoft or equivalent applications competently.
- Ideally, hold an SVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care or willing to achieve through training.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed is rewarded.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Ongoing Career Development Opportunities including support and funding to achieve an SVQ 2 in Health and Social Care
- Inhouse Training Programs
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Employee Health and Wellbeing Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us