Working hours: 21 hours per week
Remuneration: £27,210 to £34,306 pro rata
Closing Date: 24th February 2020 noon
Job Description: You’ll manage a group of sheltered, amenity and general needs housing developments, including line managing staff based on those developments, and ensure we deliver a highly effective housing support and administration services. You’ll also be responsible for managing housing applications and allocations, and be completely confident and comfortable liaising with residents and statutory agencies.
More about this position
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
You’ll manage a group of sheltered, amenity and general needs housing developments, including line managing staff based on those developments, and ensure we deliver a highly effective housing support and administration services. You’ll also be responsible for managing housing applications and allocations, and be completely confident and comfortable liaising with residents and statutory agencies.
• To ensure the provision of efficient and effective day to day management on developments.
• Provide advice and assistance to others regarding Hanover sheltered housing management services.
• Organise and lead, present and attend meetings with customers and other parties as necessary.
• Encourage and support Customer Engagement on developments to ensure all can contribute and be part of the Customer Engagement Strategy.
• Use knowledge of applicants for housing, developments and local areas to liaise with Area Administrative Officers.
• Assess housing applications by means of telephone / home visits where appropriate.
• Effectively collaborate with local authorities, customers, and internal colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
• To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
• Two years demonstrative experience in a similar / equivalent role
• Possess a working knowledge of housing legislation and housing management.
• Possess a working knowledge of welfare benefits legislation applicable to the Association’s business.
• Budgeting and finance monitoring skills.
• Basic computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Windows, word-processing & e-mail.
• Willingness to obtain PVG Membership
• Ability to communicate and build rapport with a wide range of people
• Hold a relevant qualification suitable for registration with the SSSC (or be prepared to obtain this).
• Occupational requirement to hold a driving license.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
• Competitive Salary and Remuneration
• Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
• Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
• Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
• Generous Pension Options
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• External qualifications SVQs
• Employee Protection Protocols
• Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
- Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com
- If successful, we will then invite you to interview / assessment where we will have the opportunity to learn more about you.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738