Working hours: 35 per week
Remuneration: £28,027 per annum
Closing Date: 16th July 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
The ICT trainer Edinburgh will be providing a range of ICT training services to meet management and end-user requirements on a 12 month fixed term contract. Ensuring the efficient and effective use of information systems and resources through the Association. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation on a 12-month maternity cover basis and make your mark as we continue to evolve and face the challenges of tomorrow. The ICT Trainer Edinburgh will be working remotely with us though must be able to attend fixed office address as and when required.
The ICT Trainer Edinburgh will be performing training needs analysis using the appropriate diagnostic tools to assist in the assessment of end-user ICT training requirements in conjunction with line managers, personnel staff and the ICT Manager. You will be responding to end-user enquiries from all levels of staff. Assisting and administering planned on-the-job ICT training aimed at enhancing use and understanding of the applications in relation to job requirements.
Plan, administer and run user sessions in our commonly used applications and suites:
- Microsoft Office 365 including: Word; Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint; OneNote; Teams; Sharepoint.
- Internet and Intranet systems
- Windows operating systems
- Document Management software
- Telephony & Mobile devices
- Digital Wallboards
Knowledge of the following housing related systems is advantageous:
- Capita Open Housing
- Capita Open Accounts
- Payroll / Human Resources Applications
- Etarmis Flexi-time Application
The ICT Trainer be comfortable in the design, develop and publish Hanover ICT videos with audio instructions in relation to ICT systems for more effective delivery of knowledge and skills, building a video library allowing new and existing staff the ability to view a video at a time that suits them. Assisting other departments in the use of various tools to create and deliver training on their processes e.g., videos, guides, classroom, eLearning.
- Ideally, two years of experience providing ICT training to end-users; with a sound understanding of relevant training practice and a range of learning styles
- Excellent planning, training, coaching and presentation skills
- Proven ability to successfully train learners at all levels of proficiency
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality training solutions
- A patient and understanding approach with the ability to motivate learners whilst maintaining an awareness of ICT accessibility and usability issues
- Wear fluid resistant face masks, and to use other Personal Protective Equipment as required, in accordance with our Coronavirus Risk Assessment
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded. We look forward to receiving your application.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us