Working hours: 35 per week
Remuneration: £38,853 – £43,195 per annum
Closing Date: 19th July 2021 noon
A unique opportunity has arisen within Hanover to continue progress with the Digital Strategy, Microsoft 365 roll out and maintain ICT operations. We are currently looking to recruit an IT Operations Manager on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract. The IT Operations Manager is responsible for running the ICT Operations team. This team ensures that the day-to-day ICT operations run smoothly and effectively; that ICT facilities are well maintained and reliable, that a speedy resolution to ICT faults for all service users is achieved, and that ICT training is delivered to all staff requiring it. This role is primarily remote working though the ability to adopt a hybrid approach to work is required.
The IT Operations Manager will be responsible for the management of the ICT Operations team comprising ICT Service Desk Analyst, ICT Hardware & Networking Analyst, ICT Software and Reporting Analyst (Operations) and ICT Trainer.
- Ensuring day to day ICT operations run smoothly and effectively and an excellent and responsive service is provided to all customers.
- To be responsible for maintaining the core ICT infrastructure and its availability. Some of Hanover’s operations are 24 hours; you’ll be ensuring that systems are well maintained, and should they have to be taken offline that this is undertaken in coordination with the managers of those services which will be affected.
- Plan an effective programme of software upgrades and hardware replacement cycles, keeping any disruptions to the operations of the service to a minimum. To ensure managers and staff are notified of upgrades/replacements well in advance, are fully consulted, that managers undertake training needs analyses and that any new systems are satisfactorily tested per approved test frameworks before going live.
- Managing the ICT Service desk, ensuring its availability and that the service desk staff are communicating promptly and effectively to all faults and service requests.
- Analyse data from the helpdesk to identify trends, improve systems and identify training requirements.
- Work with HR and the ICT Trainer to develop an effective means of assessing the ICT training needs of staff (and new recruits). To develop and an effective ICT Training plan using blended learning for meeting the ICT Training needs of service customers.
- To ensure that any third-party contractors used by the ICT Operations service are managed effectively.
You will have a track record of experience as a senior professional with at least 2 years’ experience of managing proactive ICT Service team within a large, complex ICT environment. The IT Operations Manager will have a high degree of operational ICT Skills with:
- Evidence of successful management of ICT Teams and ICT Customer service delivery.
- Influential, negotiating, and motivational skills.
- Sound spoken and written communications, particularly with team and customers.
You will have excellent Customer service management and ICT technical skills, including experience using a wide range of Microsoft software:
- Windows Networking
- Windows operating Systems up to and including version 10
- Windows AD and Group Policy
- Microsoft Office up to and including M365
- Windows profiles
You will possess knowledge and applied business use of Microsoft software systems (i.e., SharePoint 2013, SQL Server, Windows Server Operating systems, Remote Desktop Server & Hyper-V).
Back to Work with us