Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £19,223 - £22,773 per annum
Closing Date: 27th February 2020 noon
Job Description: You will be part of an enthusiastic, professional and caring team, providing support across developments throughout the West of Scotland, including Renfrew, Paisley, Johnston, Bishopbriggs, and Dalry. Contributing to providing a housing management and housing support service promoting independent living for older people. Ultimately promoting the safety and independence of people who depend on you to feel safe and enabled in their homes.
More about this position
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
This important role will cover numerous developments in Renfrew, Paisley, Johnston, Bishopbriggs, and Dalry.
You will be part of an enthusiastic, professional and caring team. Contributing to providing a housing management and housing support service promoting independent living for older people. Ultimately promoting the safety and independence of people who depend on you to feel safe and enabled in their homes.
This important permanent role is 35 Hours per week. Your support services skills will help you promote clients’ independence as you work with clients, relatives and external agencies.
- To provide housing management services which enable older people to retain the role of tenant, to exercise choice and independence.
- Organising repairs/maintenance, helping to manage rents, dealing with tenancy enquiries, carrying out minor practical tasks to assist customers.
- Deliver quality housing management, support and, where provided, care services to customers in accordance with the Association’s standards.
- Encourage appropriate use of Occupational Therapy services including arranging for advice, assistance and installation of appropriate aids and adaptations to enhance independence.
- Deal with customers’ enquiries. To assist where required in complex or sensitive situations such as Rent Account queries or neighbour complaints or property matters.
- Provide physical care, in accordance with approved standards, to assist clients carrying out tasks of day to day living as directed.
- Assistance with personal cleanliness, mobility support, management of continence, support with daily personal tasks and general housekeeping.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping older people
- 2 Years’ experience in a housing support / housing management & care environment
- Demonstrable high level empathy and effective communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm under pressure
- Resilient, proactive and self-confident
- Proficient administrator with good IT Skills
- Possess / willing to achieve SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care
- This post will require PVG Scheme Membership (adults)
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive Salary and Remuneration
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement
- Generous Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- External qualifications SVQs
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Program
- Apply today OR send your CV to email@example.com
- Once submitted, your application will be considered.
- If successful, we will be in in touch to invite you to one of our assessment events.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738