Details:Location: South Lanarkshire & West Lothian
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £24,591.40 - £28,247.40 per annum which is inclusive of the sleepover allowance plus paid mileage
Closing Date: 19th May 2022 noon
Mobile Support Worker
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
Would you like to contribute to a rewarding and engaging environment? Join our enthusiastic and professional team as we promote independent living, provide housing management and housing support to our valued residents at our developments situated in South Lanarkshire & West Lothian.
You will work on average 35 hours per week, 5 days over 7, and required to work weekends and public holidays according to set shift patterns. This post includes an average of 122 sleepovers per year for which you will receive an additional sleepover payment of £4427.40, which is included in your annual salary. Mileage will be paid for travel.
You will be providing housing management services which enable older people to retain the role of tenant, to exercise choice and independence.
- Administer and manage Housing Support and Care Plans.
- Undertake and record customers individual care plans and reviews and ensure this focus on positive outcomes, are accurate and up to date.
- Manage the service and ensure catering and domestic services are provided in accordance with Association standards in the absence if the Line Manager.
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective meals service including setting tables and preparing the dining area to ensure a pleasant mealtime experience for all.
- Ensure appropriate professional help is accessed and provide care and support until effective arrangements are in place in the event of an emergency.
- Organise repairs/maintenance and management of rent.
- Assist with complex or sensitive situations such as account queries, complaints, or property matters.
- Liaise with colleagues, families, and external agencies as required.
- Arrange for advice, assistance and installation of appropriate aids and adaptations to enhance independence.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping older people.
- 2 years’ experience of applying the above skills and knowledge in a housing support, housing management, care or equivalent role.
- Demonstrable high-level empathy and effective communication skills.
- Customer orientated approach to work.
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Resilient, proactive, and self-confident.
- Proficient administrator with good IT Skills.
- Hold, or willing to work towards, Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) level 2 in Health and Social Care SVQ 2 and above. Training will be provided to achieve this.
- SSSC registration will be mandatory upon appointment as well as Membership to the PVG Scheme for Vulnerable Adults.
- The role involves travel between developments, so you must have a valid full UK driving licence, and have access to a roadworthy car with business insurance.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed is rewarded.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Options
- Ongoing ‘on-the-job’ training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Counselling Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
We are most proud of our people at Hanover. We care about one another whilst taking pride in the service we offer. You will be working in a company with a strong identity and with the guidance and support of experienced Manager’s you will be able to further develop in your career.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us