Details:Location: North Area Office, Elgin
Working hours: 17.5 hours per week
Remuneration: £20,164 - £23,820 per annum pro-rata
Closing Date: 28th April 2022 noon
Office Assistant – Fixed Term
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role
The Office Assistant – Maternity Cover post is fixed term for 12 months. You will be based at the North Area Office, in Elgin working 17.5 hours per week, which includes working from 1:30 PM to 5 PM on Wednesday and 9 AM to 5 PM on Thursday and Friday.
As a key member of the team, the Office Assistant organises Area Office resources and provides essential assistance to the Enhanced Housing Manager and other members of the Hanover team. You will be managing calendars, emails and undertaking a variety of administrative, clerical, typing and reception duties as well as engaging with members of the public.
This is an exciting Part Time opportunity where you will be able to utilise your outstanding organisational skills to facilitate the smooth running of the office and deliver excellent customer service. The main responsibilities include:
- Acting as receptionist, dealing with all telephone enquiries and office callers; issuing housing application packs where required.
- Welcoming callers for meetings, and direct those to relevant facilities. To prepare meeting rooms in advance to ensure meeting room diaries are maintained and kept up to date at all times. Taking care of any catering and necessary risk assessments required.
- Open, date and distribute all incoming mail: frank, post all outgoing mail, this includes a weekly mailshot to developments.
- Carrying out all necessary Health and Safety Testing regimes and workplace inspections within the Area Office.
- Receive and correctly code and record development and office invoices, and process these for payment via the Associations Finance System for authorisation by the Operations Manager.
- Administer development waiting lists and issue standard letters, forms, details to applicants. To acknowledge any relevant correspondence relating to Housing applicants and keeping the online system up to date.
- Purchase order processing for the Area Office and Developments and arrange distribution.
- Taking minutes when required at occasional meetings
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people.
- Minimum of one year experience in a similar or equivalent role.
- Standard Grade Level 3 or equivalent.
- Strong, clear communication skills in order to succeed.
- Good grounding in office procedures with an ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and work well within a team.
- Resilient, proactive and self-confident.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, e-mail and desktop applications.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Long service and retirement awards
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738Back to Work with us