Details:Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow Office
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £44,787 - £48,443 per annum
Closing Date: 12th April 2022 noon
Reactive Repairs and Void Manager
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role
Our Asset Management team is delighted to be recruiting to the post of Reactive Repairs and Void Manager based at our Head Office in Edinburgh or our Glasgow office. This role leads the delivery of a high-quality cost-effective repairs and voids service to keep our properties well-maintained and ensure we exceed our customers’ expectations.
Your objective will be to effectively manage all aspects of the repairs, voids and adaptation’s service. To ensure that the service provides a high level of customer satisfaction at all times, to effectively manage the service through robust systems, reporting and practices.
The role will support the Head of Asset Management & Sustainability and Business Unit stakeholders. While achieving Hanover’s business objectives and strategy.
We’ll need you to integrate these objectives internally with the wider Asset Management team to ensure high standards of service delivery to our customers.
Main key functions include but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage all aspects of the repairs, voids, and adaptation’s service.
- Establish an effective performance management framework, which includes effective systems, management reports, practices, and consistency in approach.
- Identify key strategic and operational objectives for the repairs, void, and adaptation.
- Managing the repairs, void and adaptation service to ensure that Hanover are fully compliant with legal, mandatory and regulatory landlord requirements.
- Managing and monitoring budgets and expenditure.
- Ensure targets are met for the Annual Return on the Charter (ARC) and any other required KPIs.
This is a great opportunity for you to show excellent performance reporting, property management, business analysis and interpersonal skills matched with a commitment to great customer service. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experience, though we are ideally looking for an individual with previous experience of applying skills noted above. To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- 3 years’ experience of providing a customer, or day to day maintenance service.
- Technical and procedural experience of housing association repairs and void operations is essential.
- Experience in contract management and contract procurement would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage budgets through effective project management skills.
- Good level of interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with persons at all levels.
- Fully competent user of MS Office, able to use Excel to a high standard.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and as an effective team member.
- This post is subject to Standard Criminal records disclosure via Disclosure Scotland.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Car Allowance
- Pension options
- Hybrid Working Model
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us