Details:Location: Edinburgh, Glasgow and Elgin
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £20,164 - £23,820 per annum
Closing Date: 29th April 2022 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives.
About the Role
As the Repairs Advisor you will work within Asset Management as a member of the repairs team. In this role you will provide a responsive and void repairs service. You will record enquiries and defects reported by residents and staff, actioning repairs as required. Excellent customer service is at the heart of what we do and fundamental in ensuring we provide a high-quality repairs service.
Main key functions include but are not limited to:
- Allocating and issuing works orders to contractors, liaising as required with technical staff for advice.
- Monitoring contractors regularly to ensure their work is completed right first time and that all KPI targets are met.
- Matching and processing invoices and reviewing variation requests.
- Arranging and recording inspections of vacant dwellings and raising orders for any required works.
- Adhering to health and safety requirements related to works.
- Delivering a high level of customer service experience at all times.
We welcome applications from all background and experience, though we are ideally looking for a Repairs Advisor with previous experience of applying skills noted above. To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Good communication skills and ability to establish the purpose and detail of exchanged information particularly via telephone.
- Good administrative skills.
- Knowledge of defects/repair notification procedures and skill to package cost effective works orders.
- Knowledge of warranty periods and liability.
- Basic health and safety awareness including hazard and risk assessment, understanding the purpose of method statements.
- Standard grade education including mathematics or arithmetic.
- Customer Service Qualification is desirable.
What We Offer
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Hybrid Working Model
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly policies
Please submit your application for the Repairs Advisor post online via our website: Work with us – Hanover Scotland
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us