Details:Location: Drysdale Gardens, Cupar
Working hours: 17.5 per week
Remuneration: £20,164 - £23,820 pro rata
Closing Date: 28th April 2022 noon
Retirement Housing Manager (Part Time)
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
About the Role
This Retirement Housing Manager (Part Time) position is both rewarding and challenging, helping residents live independently within a safe and caring environment. You will be working 17.5 hours per week, 09:00 to 12:30 Monday to Friday.
As the face of Hanover, you will be committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing a high quality service to our customers through efficient management of our Drysdale Gardens development in Cupar. This post would suit a friendly and professional individual looking for part time hour. You will work with a wide range of people; from the care team that you work alongside, residents and their families to contractors, local community groups and other agencies.
As Retirement Housing Manager you will be providing advice and assistance to customers and others regarding Hanover’s sheltered housing management services as well on matters relating to use of development facilities and availability of local services. You will have the opportunity to handle a variety of responsibilities and tasks related to the smooth and continuous running of the Development., including but not limited to:
- Proving advice and assistance to customers and others regarding Hanover’s sheltered housing management services.
- Liaising with repair teams, contractors, maintenance, and service staff and recording services provided and work done.
- Responding to customer emergency alarm calls, providing emergency aid pending the arrival of emergency services, sympathetic response to customers in the event of illness, hospitalisation, and bereavement.
- Liaising with customers, relatives and others in the event of emergencies and providing emergency assistance to customer’s short term with regard to daily living tasks as necessary.
- Supervising sheltered housing staff and maintaining efficient and effective records and administration to association standards.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- 2 years’ experience in similar housing support, housing management, or equivalent role.
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Strong skills and knowledge of supported services’ provision, preferably involving retired persons and their accommodation.
- Possess a sound working knowledge of welfare benefits system and services provided by statutory agencies.
- Experience administering and manage Housing Support Plans and other procedures underpinning services.
- Excellent time management and able to prioritise a varied workload.
- Basic IT skills including ability to use MS Word to read documents, Outlook for emails and search skills to use company Intranet.
- Holder, or able to obtain, Emergency First Aid Certificate.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Pension options
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Support Service
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Protection Protocols
- PPE equipment will be provided
Please submit your application online via our website: Work with us – Hanover Scotland
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738Back to Work with us