Working hours: 34.9 per week
Remuneration: £25,795 - £30,072 per year
Closing Date: 1st June 2021 noon
Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than 40 years. Our core purpose is to help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. We proudly provide and manage a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow with personal protective equipment available, sustainable ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed delivery of our services including strong adherence to social distancing practices throughout.
About the Role
Hanover Scotland Customer Service Centres Elgin, a control room of dedicated telecare operators who support Hanover’s customers nationwide. At Hanover, some of our customers need help to feel safe and secure at home. Our Telecare Operators are vital in providing this critical service.
This exciting role is full-time, following a three shift pattern roster which includes early shift, back shift and night shift working. Your customers will be nationwide and as the voice of Hanover you will be taking inbound alarm calls, determining the reason for a call, and coordinating vital activities to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers.
Every call is different as our Customer Service Centre operates 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and you will discover a real variety of customer situations meaning that each day brings something new.
- Apply, help and develop our existing Telecare Operators to ensure performance standards are consistent, the team is effective and motivated.
- Supporting leadership through analysis, escalation and implementing measures that bring about continuous improvement to delivery business objectives.
- Making and receiving calls from Hanover residents in a professional and caring way, whilst logging important and relevant information onto the Telecare computer system.
- Identifying and evaluate the caller’s queries or concerns, through empathic questioning, focused listening and accurate data entry.
- Taking responsibility, solve problems, and guide callers towards a solution that meets their needs – whilst remaining calm, polite and friendly.
- Managing shift patterns, allocating tasks and breaks to Operators to ensure KPI, workloads and performance indicators are met through appropriate shift management.
You must be able to work from home professionally and handle calls continuously during unsociable hours. Due to the critical nature of the role; a strong and stable internet connection is required in order to perform this role. Ideally, you will possess a positive track record of:
- Leading a team and achieving results through authentic communication in a fast paced call environment.
- Driving high performance whilst engaging individual team members and their wellbeing.
- Effective supervision of work and outstanding time management.
- Resilient, pro-active and self confidence leadership with unwavering patience and understanding.
- To join us, you need to have a genuine and sincere passion for providing care and helping people.
- Ability to empathise with older persons and comfortably build rapport in difficult situations.
This role is suited to someone who is people orientated first and foremost. Our Senior Telecare Operators are passionate about team work and possess a strong desire to build relationships, constantly communicate with team members and provide a supportive environment.
Please note that a full background check and pre-employment checks will be conducted where offer of employment is made.
What We Are Offering
- Basic reward package of £23,517 pa basic salary.
- Additional night shift premium equivalent to 10% of starting basic salary.
- Incremental annual salary increase rising from £25,795 to £30,072 over 5 years (inclusive of night shift allowance).
- On-the-job training to ensure you are fully trained to deal with customer situations.
- Basic annual leave entitlement.
- Working in a rewarding role within a friendly and open environment.
The Application Process
It’s really important that we get to know each other thoroughly before having the opportunity to welcome you to the team. We operate a three stage recruitment process:
Online Applications that meet the minimum criteria for the role will be contacted to attend:
- Initial Telephone Interview
- Virtual Assessment Centre
- Personal Video Interview
Each stage provides an opportunity to assess important requirements and ultimately, your suitability for the role. If you would like more information about the role, please do email the recruitment team and we will endeavour to respond. We look forward to receiving your application and hopefully meeting you soon.
Hanover is an equal opportunity and disability confident employer.
Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association Ltd
Scottish Charity no: SC 014738
Back to Work with us